Sunday, April 11, 2010

You will never know


Homesick for America and Canada.


I miss the LA heat. I miss the palm trees. I miss that fog that lifts at about 12 and reveals the hottest day. I miss the sun going down in Santa Monica. I miss seeing the Hollywood sign. I miss the sun going down in Huntington. I miss driving the pacific coast highway from Santa Monica to Huntington Beach. I miss Santa Monica and Huntington Beach piers. I miss sitting on burning hot sand. I miss Ruby's surf city diner. I miss sitting in the sun. I miss little bottles of mountain dew.


 I miss Sbarros in New York. I miss being 1 minute away from times square. I miss times square. I miss the shopping. I miss the sound of New York. I miss the staff in Radio City Apartments. I miss walking in New York at night. I miss everything always being open. I miss Duane Reade. I miss the little lampshades in Chinatown. I miss SoHo. I miss finding my way around. I miss the people in New York. 


I miss being on my own in a new place. I miss flying on my own. I do not miss huge thunder and lightening storms in Texas. I miss calling and waking Hannah up cause I have no idea how to work time difference. I miss the friends I made on the plane to Canada. 


I miss being with my aunt in Toronto. I miss the hummingbirds. I miss the names of the streets. I miss the sound of crickets. I miss barbecues with people I don't know. I miss driving around listening to Greek music.


I miss the relationship I had with my dad when I was away.


I miss landing and seeing my dad waiting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sbarros is in Whitewater. Stall down some day when I'm off work and we'll get pizza and go to UCI or chill in the park by the river.

    ReplyDelete